Hey fam!
Sorry I didn't write on Monday! It is transfer week :) And I'm happy cuz I'm staying a whole notha one with my main man elder Poulsen. Last Transfer just flew by... My mission is really winding down quick! The harder you work, and the busier you stay, the faster time goes by. So advice for my brothers when you are out on your missions: Work, Work, Work ~ as Ezra Taft Benson says, there is know substitute, the great secret to missionary work is just WORK! The more you do, the more you forget about the things you're worried about outside the mission life and the more you focus in on those who need you and the knowledge that you share. Being a missionary is the BOMB!
Okay.. .this past week.. what happened.. Well for starters, I went to Nauvoo last Tuesday. That was pretty Legit! I Love going to that temple, it's amazing! so beautiful, and you can feel the spirit so strong. Hey you what would be cool? If Landen came to do his endowments in the Nauvoo temple when/if you come and pick me up. That'd be sweet ;) We got to go up to the bell tower and look over all of Nauvoo. Apparently only apostles and missionaries are aloud to do that in the temple. So ya, it was a blast… long ride though, but always worth it!
Last Wednesday I went in for Assistant to the presidents wife tasks haha...I help her out with a ton of stuff on her computer and got her organized and gave her a lesson on how to use the computer haha, its pretty funny… its really complicated to her.
We also Helped president with transfers.. which is really the AP's job, but he always has us give him advice. Specifically dealing with the Spanish missionaries. In the mission we are known as the Spanish Assistants to the president. haha. Its kind of funny cuz we do a lot more for him than even his normal AP's do.
Lately we've been doing this thing called surprise exchanges. Elder Poulsen and I started it and now president has adapted it with all zone leaders in the mission. We show up randomly at 7:30 at another missionaries house and say we're doing exchanges with them. We have a pretty sweet zone.
This past week I got to go back to Perry for a baptism they had with a lady named K that me and Rojas worked with a lot! I was so excited. She also says she's decided to prepare herself to go on a mission! So cool to see an amazing change in someone. So that was fun!
Other than that we just did a lot of contacting, tracting, handing out Book of Mormon contest in a day… (I got 20) haha, and we had a couple of really sweet, spirit packed lessons! We're just thrashing the area here in Des Moines! Its pretty fun! Probably my favorite area.
Other than that.. not too many new things! I hope you guys are all doing well! so great to here from you and thanks for the pictures! I love you guys! Miss you tons!
Peace, love, and temple marriage,
~Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment