My life is a bit on the crazy side right now... The last week has been a little bit overwhelming. I have been so busy I can barely breath, and I haven't slept much over the past week. Welcome to the life of an assistant! Or that’s what Elder H (the last AP) said to me before he returned home... haha he was so relieved.
Its been great though and I am so excited for another opportunity to stretch and to grow :) It still seems a bit unreal to me but, that’s okay, I'll just work through that :) So for the past week there have been several things we've been doing. It started off by the AP's training us on the area, all the work they have done thus far, who there investigators are, etc. Something a little different about AP's in this mission now in comparison to others is that we are not in the office 24/7. We have an area ... 2 in fact. The hardest 2 areas in the mission. It's pretty tuff cuz we have to balance all the AP duties along with keeping up our area. President has asked us to turn it into the "Model Area". He wants people to come and do exchanges with us all throughout the mission and see our area, get advice for what they can do to change in theirs and go back and fix it. So we've been doing quite a bit of work in the area. Aside from that its' been AP non-stop! I think I already talked about how transfers work... Figuring out who is going where and all that... pretty amazing experience. This past week, Elder Paulson and I picked up all the greenies from the airport! So much fun... It gave me so many flashbacks of when I first got to the mission... coming down that escalator, feeling very un-easy and nervous. I remember the AP's then took me under their wings and made me feel so comfortable and excited to be there, and I had the same opportunity with the missionaries the other day... what an amazing experience to relive and from a different perspective!
The new missionaries were so sweet! 2 sisters and 3 elders. They were a lot of fun. It was so fun to hear their testimonies and see their greenie fire! It got me pumped again. What a spiritual evening it was... and we had the most amazing dinner with the Jergensens. It was just a really fun day :)
The next day things got kinda crazy. I shuttled several missionaries to Iowa City for transfer meeting. It was a lot of fun but stressful at the same time. There are missionaries everywhere, suitcases like crazy and everyone is asking you questions.. .and ... it’s just madness. haha but a ton of fun, and so much fun to see all the missionaries you've served with and all that stuff.
That night we were over at the Jergensens to have a night with all the going home missionaries. Its was filled with the spirit like crazy! So cool to here going home missionaries testimonies! We had another amazing dinner, watched a slideshow I made for them… all that jazz. I got to bed really late and woke up really early the next morning to go at it again! We took them all to the airport to see them off... Kind of a trunky feeling, I have less than 4 months left and only 2 months till I see my daddy-o :)
So ya, it was funny, cuz go from greenies with fire to go out and do the work and then all the burned out missionaries all in about 24 hours! haha what fun. It was sweet though!
Last night we had a long meeting with president to talk about the future of the mission. He told elder Paulson and I that he called us to this position and whitewashed us into the area because he said he feels strongly that we are the new day of the mission. He gave us a million guidelines and trained us on what it is that we need to do in order to be effective missionaries, AP's, examples, etc. It was an amazing meeting.
I must be honest, at times I feel slightly inadequate to be an AP, but I do have a testimony that when God calls us he qualifies us. Maybe not right away, but with his help we qualify much faster that we could on our own, because we have His help. I'm excited to see changes in my life and mission as I assume this role, and I've already seen many :)
I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve next to Pres. and Sister Jergensen... they are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am looking forward to learning from them and receiving their advice. They have helped me to grow so much already, but I have an opportunity here to grow even more.
I want my family to know that I have a testimony of this church. It is TRUE. And TRUTH is one of the most important things we can come to an understanding of in this life. Life is full of un-answered questions. I am grateful for a gospel that answers my deepest, sincerest questions... God lives, Jesus is the Christ, He is our Savior and Redeemer. The Priesthood is on the earth once again. It is the Power of God on earth. It is real. The Book of Mormon is true, Every time I read it I am more and more convinced of it. I am grateful for my mission and the affect it has had on me. In comparison to before the mission, I am convinced that I will marry a different woman, raise different children, Work a different job, and live a different life because of what I have learned out here. Missions are a miracle. Brothers! Live righteously so you can experience the magic that I have! A mission will change your life, if you let it, Of that I solemnly testify in the name of Jesus Christ.
I love you!
~Assistant Holman ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment