Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last week was like a dream - March 18th 2013

Hey Holman Crew,

WOW! What a week, i can hardly believe that its Monday again, i feel like i was just writing yesterday...it might be that I’m just getting old in the mission, or that I’m working like crazy but this last week literally feels like a dream it went by so fast. Jacob talks about his life that way in the end of chapter 7 of Jacob. I truly understand what he meant when he said that this life passed away like a dream...sometimes i look back on my mission and it has flown by so fast that i feel like it was all just a dream....haha crazy!!!

Well even though this week was a quick one, it was a fun one! I saw people getting robbed, taught some awesome lessons, found some new investigators and finished off the week with a great session of church yesterday.

On Tuesday me and my comp had just left the apartment and were walking down the street...which is pretty shifty by the way...the other week we got asphalt on top of the dirt road, it was pretty exciting all the chicos were playing fútbol on it...anyways i digress...me and my comp were walking down the road and two guys on a motorcycle almost ran over me....they drove right past me super slow, i didn’t realize it in the moment but i was walking with my hands clenched on the straps of my backpack, i remember thinking they must be drunk cuz they almost just ran over me... they shouted something at me and my comp as they were driving off, but i didn´t think anything of it...well they kept on driving about 3 block in front of us, and it just so happened that there was a little 50 year old lady with a purse, and the ladrone or robber on the back of the motorcycle snatched her purse as he was driving by, but the lady held onto her bag and went flying into the air, the two guys drove off supper fast with her purse in the end. When we ran up to the lady her face was all cut up and bloody. I felt so bad. She said she was okay, just kinda in shock. I realized after the whole thing happened that when the two guys drove past me super close they were planning on doing the same to me, but someone must of been looking out for me, cuz the last second they didn´t do it....pretty crazy.

This new area that we received to work in is pretty sketchy to. Its all dirt roads, and lots of teenagers that have nothing better to do but to rob and steal. But its weird, as a missionary I’m never really scared, the lord blesses and watches over his missionaries.

As for the rest of the week it was literally just running around from lesson to lesson. I loved it. All we did was taught this week. Someone that was really fun to teach that i don’t know if i told you about her or not is Tanía. Her dad is super hardcore catholic and her mom is Mormon but inactive, but we have been teaching her for a couple of weeks now. She is as i would like to call, the elect. She is always reading the Book of Mormon, praying and studying the bible. This past week we taught her all of the commandments, and she said that she didn´t have a problem with any of them. She said she use to have a problem with the palabra de sabiduría...or the word of wisdom, but that was in her past and that she was ready to keep the commandments. We taught her a lot about repentance and how it is a process in our lives. How when we truly repent of our past sins, there is a change in our lives, and that change is because of Christ. When we repent stop and the bad habits in our life, we can have peace of mind and now that the pain accompanied with sin can be vanquished through our savior. When we accept Christ as our savior repent of our sins, and when we are baptized, we will have complete access to the atonement of Christ.

I was so happy yesterday because i had the opportunity to baptize Tanía. She was so ready to be baptized and could hardly wait. She invited her whole family to come to her baptism but only her parents came, her mom was super excited to be in the church again, but her dad, was well, haha, a little bit more stubborn. When he was walking into the church i said to him Welcome brother Sabolla, my name is Elder Holman, and he responded instantly, that’s very nice but I’m catholic, and am very devoted to my religion and don’t want anything you have to offer me...haha i thought wofff...this guys gonna be a doozy, but after the second class in church me and my comp had him laughing, and joking, and answering questions, and participating... it was awesome!




During sacrament meeting, Mellisa Radriguez received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I had the opportunity to stand in the circle when we confirmed her a member of the church, and as i stood in that circle of brethren i felt so good inside. I could feel the spirit so strong, and what it said and testified to me, is that what this daughter of god is doing is the part of the plan and is necessary to live with God once again. I was so happy for her that words couldn’t express it. The joy that i felt standing in that circle was something heavenly and I know that the feelings i felt were sent from heaven.

After the meeting we were running again. Right after Sacrament meeting we had Tanías baptism. There was such a good sprit there. I love baptisms for that reason. After i said all 5 names that Tanía has, and the prayer she was baptized!!! (haha lots of latins have more then three names here) Needless to say it was a super rewarding day, Mellisa got the Holy Ghost, Tania was baptized, and me and my comp gave over 9 priesthood blessings yesterday. We worked super hard during the week and had the blessings come pouring in yesterday.

Well if any of you get this email feel free to shoot me an email, i should be on for a tiny bit longer.

I want all of you to know that i love being a missionary. I’m so grateful to my father in heaven for the wonderful gift of a mission. I never would have thought in a million years that i would be talking with the type of people I’m with everyday. If i didn’t have the mission i would never of had the opportunity to change peoples lives by helping them come unto Christ. I have witnessed miracles, and have seen the powers of heaven on earth. I have learned for myself and accepted that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior. Through believing in his name, constantly repenting, going down into the waters of baptism and reciving the holy ghost, i can show him, my savior, that i want to follow his perfect example. And if we are to Hold strong to the end we will live with him and our father in heaven once again. This past week me and my comp taught a family home evening to our ward. We focused our thoughts and message on the lord Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for each one of us. I learned that the atonement of Christ consist of three parts, His suffering (or paying for our sins) his death, and finally his resurrection. I testify that Christ has risen, and that he lives, and that he is there for each and every one of us. As we are getting closer and closer to Easter weekend, i am trying to focus my thoughts more towards my savior Jesus Christ, its my prayer that you all will do the same as well...ill shoot you the video we watched in the family home evening!! Its super good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rboSk1p06BQ

    Well i love you all, if you guys are online feel free to shoot me an email!!! I Love you all and am constantly praying for you!!

Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment