Hey Holman family,
How you guys doing, i hope you’re all doing well, Thanks for your guys emails, i loved reading them and hearing how you´re all doing.
This past week was kind of a slower week, not a whole lot of people were in there houses, we had lots of meetings, and stuff to take care of in the mission for the zone...i hate doing paper work for all the zone, i´m so glad that i never had to go to the offices to work and could just be out the whole time teaching and preaching and having miracles, i don't know if I told you guys but they tried to get me in the offices over 4 times, and each time I managed to get out ;) haha but even though it was a little bit of a slower week, it was still super incredible, one i won’t forget!
This past Saturday we had some investigators get married so that they could get baptized!!!! Before I even got to this area, Elder Preece my comp has been teaching the Martinez family. The only member in the family was the mom and she was a menos activo (less active) One day the missionaries passed by and started teaching the family and one by one they got baptized, except hermano Alberto Martinez. He’s got a bunch of tattoos, piercings, you name it. As I got to this area both me and my comp had the opportunity to teach him, and i got to see a huge change in the guy. We had talked to him last week about taking out all of his piercings and not getting anymore tattoos and he replied to us that he was keeping his earrings and that he was planning on getting one more tattoo for his fathers that had passed away. Later in the week when we got to his house, i noticed that he wasn´t wearing his earrings and so i asked him what was up, and he said that he started to think about what we had talked about and that he had decided to take the piercings out to never put them back in again. He expressed his excitement to us, to join with his family in becoming a member of the church of Jesus Christ though baptism!
This past week me and Elder Priece went to the monincipal (the place where they can be legally married) and we threw rice at their faces along with the rest of the family as they waved their documents in the air stating that they were married. (Throwing rice is part of the culture here after somebody gets married :) After we congratulated them we headed back home, only to wake up at 5 in the morning to start feeling the baptismal font to get Alberto DUNKED! At about 10 o’clock, we finished filling the font and had the baptism. I got to stand in as a witness as i watched my comp baptize him, and the smile that was on Alberto’s face the moment he came out of the water is still engraved on my mind. Yesterday in sacrament meeting, i got to place my hands on Alberto and confirm him as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. This past week i felt the love of so personally. I could feel that God loves me so much even though I’m so imperfect. I still will have random moments, where i don’t know exactly what i did to deserve it, but God will testify to me that he loves me and that he’s so proud of what I’m doing. It’s moments like that, that knock me off my feet and blow me away. That our God and father, the creator of the universes heavens and earths, wants us to know his children, how much he loves us, and he manifests this through the holy ghost. When i feel the Holy Ghost testify to me that God knows me and loves me, it makes me want to be the best that i can be, it makes me want to serve others, to testify to everyone of Christ, and to be a light and example to them.
I hope that all of you strive to feel this. That you strive to feel Gods love in your life, because when you do, it changes everything, yes your very character and being. I was so grateful to see a change in my good friend Alberto Martinez this past week. The Gospel of Jesus Christ can change us all, and leave us all feeling happier, full of peace and joy. I have seen and learned this in the mission. When we follow Jesus Christ we become more and more like our father, we love more, we serve more, and we find more peace. I'm so grateful for a testimony in the church of Jesus Christ, it wasn´t easy to gain, but know that i have it, i wouldn´t change it for all the money in the world. My mission has helped me to gain that testimony. Like Alberto and many many more people, i have seen the change that comes in our lives when we commit to and follow the lord Jesus Christ. I love my mission, and i love that each day i can wake up and do as Christ would do. Sometimes as i watch videos of Christ and see his disciples follow him, i think to myself how i would love to be in their position and follow the master around each second of each day, and then i remember that as a missionary, that's exactly what i get to do, Follow Christ, each second, of each day.
I love you all so much; i hope you all have a wonderful week. Like always you’re all in my prayers. I love you all like crazy. Keep following the lord Jesus Christ, and keep looking and searching for those that need the truth, it will change your lives, along with theirs :)
Much, Much Love,
Elder Holman
P.S. star and chance I’m praying that you guys get your house, and ill be praying that you get feeling better chance before your first day of work.


No comments:
Post a Comment