Monday, January 27, 2014

¡¡¡¡Hasta Viernes!!!! Jan 20th & 24th

Hey Holman family,

Just so you guys know I’m okay and alive. I wont be writing you guys today, because our p-day was changed to Friday this week, because we are going to the temple Friday...so ill be writing you guys then, but My president wanted us to write you guys just to let you know I’m alive!

I love you guys, and just so you know, my package got here!!!!! whoooooo!! This morning for breakfast i ate Pringles and beef jerky!!! Best Christmas ever!!! haha thanks for blowing the money on sending me a package! It was very appreciated, more then you guys know!!!

Love you guys, if you want to send me a email, i should be on for a tiny bit longer, i got to prepare movies for the super baptism this week, and send some numbers to the mission!! My testimony for the week is that, the church is true!!!! haha we’ll be taking Friday! Until then ill be praying for you guys!

Elder Holman


Hey Holman family!!

How are all of you guys?? Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I’m alive since i told you i would be writing today! Fwaaa, today was incredible! This mourning me and my comp, headed out to monte grande in the pouring rain with our district! After hopping on a bus and having the bus drop us off in the middle of the highway, we had to hop, and run across crazy Argentine highways! Why would we do all this crazy stuff, well only to get to one place...and that’s the temple!!!

Fwaa my mind was completely blown away today, today for the first time, i saw the new temple video! It was so incredible that i can hardly wait to go back! I learned so much, and i felt the spirit so strongly! I cant go into to much detail, but really i left the temple with two feelings, one was that I’m so grateful to be worthy to enter the temple and learn more about the plan of salvation, and the second is that i never want that spirit that i felt today to go away.

To have the knowledge of where we came from why we’re here and where we´re going, is truly a gift from God, because the majority of the world does not have this knowledge. In the temple we not only have the opportunity to learn these three things, but we have the chance to make sacred covenants, that if kept, will give us some of the greatest blessings we can possibly imagine. I hope that you all take advantage of going to the temple as often as you can. To leave this world, and enter the Lords sacred house, is something i have missed greatly. To go in and look at the beautiful architecture, and study the pictures of Christ, helped me to feel the Holy Spirit. We should always have the goal to go to the temple. The lord is literally there in his house, and he talks to his children there...He also talks to them in Spanish in Argentina, it was fun going through the ceremony in Spanish!!!

After the temple, i didn´t really wanna go, but had to, we went to Martinas house to do a baptismal interview, and she passed! Tomorrow me and her are going to be able to enter the baptismal font in the super baptism and she’s going to get to be able to make that sacred covenant with Christ. It’s going to be awesome! I’m a little bit stressed out because me and my companion have to plan everything out with the stake, so we´ll see if it goes as smoothly as the last one did, I’m super excited for it though, its going to be a super incredible experience.

Well i don’t have much more time but i want you all to know that i love you. Just so you know i got my trunky papers today as well!!! Kind of crazy, the flight plans are in! haha but I’m going to keep working like i don’t have them!!!

Before i leave you guys i want you all to know that i was thinking of the words of Alma today after i left the temple, the impression hit me of how lucky we truly are to have the gospel in out lives, I believe that Alma felt the same when he said these words O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
 3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
 4 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotted unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction.

As i walked in the busy streets of monte grande today, i looked at all the people and couldn´t help but feel sad for them because they don’t have the gospel in their lives. It’s up to us to share the gospel with them, so that they to can come to a knowledge of who they are and who’s they are. Its up to us to teach them that Christ lives and that he loves them, and that he is there savior and my savior. If we don’t share these things, then nobody will, so open your mouths and speak with everyone and invite them to come unto Christ, and receive life eternal!!

Well i gots to run, there’s still a lot to do before tomorrow to plan the super baptism! i love you guys! Well be talking Monday!! Until then know that your in my prayers!

Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment