Hey Holman Family! How are you guys!!
It feels like It was just a couple days ago that i was writing you a guys...actually it was just a couple days ago, Really to much hasn’t gone down since i last wrote you. Im still alive and running around like crazy.
Mom hit the nail on the head in her letter when she said that i probably have lots of mixed feelings. In a way i really don’t feel like a mission is coming to an end, each time the thought pops into my head, i just replace it by thinking of all the things that i have to do, all the lessons i have to teach, and how my mission really isn´t over. But these past two transfers i had to kill my comps (that’s just what we say when were there last companion) And deep down it kinda freaks me out to know that one day ill wake up, and it will be my last day out here. I’m excited to see you guys, but i think I’m going to be more sad to leave my home here....
Just so you guys know, i might not be writing next week, because our last p-day in the mission we always have to work. I don’t know if they are going to give me a little bit of time or not to write you guys, but if not, just know that I’m alive and that I’m working my heart out. Lots of people have been asking me if I’m tired after the two years, or if I’m slowing down, but i honestly think its the opposite, i haven´t been getting tired, but I’ve been getting stronger. I’ve been waking up at 6:20 hopping out of bed, ready to get to work, i have been trying to get more lessons in, use our time more wisely, and use absolutely every second that the lord has given me to be here. I know that when we give the lord all that we have, a miracle happens. The Lord walks by our side, he sends his angles to bare us up, to give us energy, to help us march even stronger, and Faster. So when people ask if I’m tired, i tell them that I’ve never felt stronger and happier and more full of energy. And that’s the absolute truth.
This past Saturday we had something that happened to us that made me even more excited, and gave me more desires to work even harder. We had our super baptism that we have been planning with the stake. There were 11 people that entered into a covenant with their Heavenly Father and took the name of Christ on them this Saturday. The meeting was incredible. About half way through the meeting, the hermano that was conducting, paused and asked for my testimony in the middle of the service. As i went up there and looked at the two rows of people all dressed in white, it was all i could do to hold back the tears from coming. I felt that i was no longer on this earth; to see so many people all dressed up in white. It was the first time i think I’ve born my testimony all decked out in white as well. I remember i talked a little bit about the time i was baptized. Lots of people say they don’t remember there baptism, but i remember perfectly my baptism. I remember my dad taking me into his arms, uttering that sacred prayer, and then baptizing me. I remember that as i left that building, and walked out into the beautiful garden in temple square i felt so good inside, in that moment i had no idea what was happening to me, but know i know perfectly what it was. It was the spirit of God, burning in my chest. Telling me that what i had done was right. I couldn’t help but feel that same warm feeling as i looked Gods children ready to make that covenant. I had the opportunity to take 10 year old Martina in the water and baptize her. How i came to know Martina is a miracle in of itself. In my last area we had two converts, one of them being Alberto. In order to get Alberto baptized we had to get him married first. At his marriage celebration at his house i met Martinas Grandmother. She told me she lived in 9 de abril and that she was a less active member of the church...well That is all about all we talked about. And then weeks later, after i had been transferred, I heard somebody calling me in the street. It was Martinas Grandmother, she invited us in and we started teaching her, and inviting her to come back to church. In this process we found ten year old Martina, that lived in the same house. After teaching her, and her grandmother, both of them have gained a testimony of the church, of the profit Joseph Smith, and of there savior Jesus Christ.
Yesterday in a class that i taught, Martinas grandmother bore her testimony of the church, and it made me so happy inside. To hear her testify, helped me to realize how much God loves her and her family, and for that reason he allowed me and my companion, his servants, to go into there house and help rescue them. As missionaries we truly are gods messengers, and if we listen God will send us exactly where he wants us to go!
I have been so blessed to be Gods servant for these past two years. I am so grateful that i can wear the name of Christ on my chest, and say what he wants me to, and to do what he would do. I love my mission, because it has taught me of who Christ really is, and what he did for me, and the moment that i realized what he did for me, i had no other choice but to give my life to him. The Gospel is true. It fills our souls with joy, light, peace and love. I know that if we follow Christ through his holy prophets, we will one day dwell with him in his kingdom. To have this knowledge changes lives, and has changed mine.
Well team i may be writing you in a week, and i may not, but regardless ill be seeing you in two weeks! i love you so much. Thank you for supporting me in these two incredible years, that have forever changed my life, and yep, even my eternity. My mission means everything to me, i know there will not be a day that goes by for the rest of my life, that i wont think about the things I’ve learned and the feelings I’ve felt here in Argentina. I love My Father in Heaven, I love the prophet Joseph smith for restoring this Gospel, and i love my savior and lord Jesus Christ, for paying for my many sins, and dying for me.
I hope that all my brothers are preparing now, for the adventures, the hard times, and the miracles that await them in the mission field. Their lives will be changed exactly like how mine has been changed....
Well i got to run. I love you all, and i pray for you constantly.
Love,
Elder Holman



No comments:
Post a Comment