Hey Holman Family!
Well this mourning i put the gun to my companion and killed him! Elder Dodge should be in Utah Tmrw mourning! He was a super fun companion! I’m going to miss him like crazy. He’s probably one of my best friends in the mission. And I’m pretty pumped cuz he doesn’t live too far away from my house like all of my other comps! We did quite a bit of pillow talking last night, so I’m super tired, but super bumped to be in my final 6 weeks and working it like crazy! On Saturday i found out that my new companion is Elder Peña from Chile, there goes all my English for 6 weeks!! haha it’s actually fun to just speak in Spanish, you start to forget how to speak in English! But I’m pretty excited for this transfer, from all the rumors that I’ve heard in the mission about my companion everyone says he’s crazy! haha and some of the crazy stories were confirmed to me from his own mouth this morning. He told me the story that’s been going on around the mission...apparently two guys came up to rob him on a motor cycle with a gun, and he beat the living crap out of them!! haha and that’s after he chased them down ripped them off their motorcycle threw the pistol out of his hands and pinned him down until the police got there. haha Hopefully i live this transfer! The kid’s pretty extreme. He caries those baseball bats that the policemen carry around with him all the time!! jaja kinda crazy!
It was great talking to you guys last week! You all sounded like you all were doing super well. It’s crazy how all of your voices have changed! I didn’t even hear Coleson, William and Jaden! hope their still alive and haven’t changed too much!
This past week i probably got the best, present i could ask for for Christmas. On the 28th we had our super baptism! We had 9 people that got baptized that day. It was pretty emotional. To see everyone dressed up in white, and to think about the covenant they were making, really helped me to feel the spirit. I got to stand in as a witness for all 9 of the baptisms, and it was so awesome to see one person go in after the other, it made me excited for the millennium, when that’s all we do all day, baptize people! I remember that as i was standing as a witness watching all the people the spirit testified to me the importance of this work. It motivated me to work even harder, to give every ounce of energy that i have to the lord, so that i can be finishing even stronger. I have 3 very close friends here that I’m going to try to get baptized before February. And one of them is my next-door neighbor! haha we’ll see what happens! But all i know is that it’s game time, and I’m going to leave all of it out on the field!
Today we had our transfer meeting of missionaries, and to listen to all the missionaries share their testimony really made me want to just get out and work and I’m pumped to do it! It’s going to be a fun transfer, running around like crazy! As i listened to my companions testimony in particular it made me think of a verse that i like in the scriptures 3 Nephi 13-16 13 Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—
15 And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.
16 And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world.
In these verses here Christ tells us why he came to this earth. And the reason he came is to save souls. Our mission, president taught us today that we have to do everything in our power to help Gods children to take advantage of our Lords atonement, and they can only do that by coming to a knowledge of this church and by being baptized by someone that holds the authority and power of God. I’m so grateful that i have that opportunity to share with everyone, why Christ came, and how they can come unto him!
Well i love you all, I’m out of time, but as always i want you all to know that your in my prayers! Have a wonderful week Holman Family!
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment