Thanks for all of the awesome letters this week. I loved the pictures and videos that I got from you guys. I'm glad to hear that everything's going well for you all.
This week was a pretty good one for me too. And by a pretty good one I mean a really good one. We saw a lot of miracles in the work! Monday was a p-day like any other and the missionaries from Huercal Overa came up for Rebajas shopping. We didn't really buy anything but it was fun to just look at the stuff. Today wasn't very different from last weeks just that I got a haircut. Tuesday is when the good stuff started happening. After an awesome night we went to our number 1 family's house and they had invited their oldest daughter and her Husband to listen to us and so we had a huge "Family night." If that wasn't good enough though we finished teaching the final missionary lesson to a family that we've been teaching for a while now. When we ended we invited them to read and pray to know if the things we taught were true and if they should be baptized. When we went back on Thursday night we talked to them and the two brothers in the family shared with us their experience with praying and reading in the scriptures and said that they know that it is true and they wanted to be baptized.
And so this week if you could Please pray for them I would appreciate it, their names are Bryan and Alejandro, and they are getting Baptized this Saturday.
Well we are in the last week of our transfer here too so I'll let you guys know next week who my new companion is going to be. I'm really hoping that I stay here in Lorca though cause we have some really good things going on right now. God is giving us a lot of success and blessings.
Well for a little thought this week I thought I'd share something that I read this week. I'm reading in the war chapters of Alma right now. A lot of time we wonder why God told Mormon put those in the plates but I've been finding some really good bites of wisdom. In Alma 58 is one of them. The army of Helaman is terribly out numbered in battle and we learn that they had become very discouraged bit then Helaman writes what they did.
10 Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would
strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and
also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands,
and our possessions, for the support of our people.
11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with
assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak
peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause
us that we should hope for our deliverance in him.
12 And we did take courage with our small force which we had received,
and were fixed with a determination to conquer our enemies, and to
maintain our lands, and our possessions, and our wives, and our
children, and the cause of our liberty.
We sometimes feel like we're outnumbered or up against impossible odds in our lives too. We can do the same thing that Alma does though and Pray with all our souls. When we pray God will give us courage to press forward and will comfort us and give us new determination like we've never had before No matter what our circumstances are and if we continue in faith we will conquer.
Well I love you guys lots, thanks a ton for the love and support and letters. They always brighten my day and keep me going through the the week. I love you guys and will be praying for you during this next week.
Con Mucho Amor
-Elder Holman
"We are not measured by the trials we meet-only by those we overcome."
Spencer W. Kimball
No comments:
Post a Comment