Hello Family!!!!
Hey I love you
guys! I got all of your awesome dear elders! Thank you so much they all meant
so much to me! It was such a super hard first day, and having your guys’
letters made all of the difference in the world. They also made me super home
sick!! Haha but that’s okay!
So i gotta type
fast! I only have ten minutes to write you! They give us 30 minutes to write,
but this program is so funky that it took me 20 minutes to figure out how to
get to my email. And yes I am aware that I worked at apple and still couldn't
figure it out Star! Anyways First day was… Well, very interesting. I remember
dad told me that on the first night he went to the mtc he heard everyone cry
themselves to sleep, well I’m pretty sure that I was the only one in my room
that cried myself to sleep! It was super hard to say goodbye and I realized
very quickly how hard the mtc really is. I got my first companion! His name is
Elder Davidson....Pictures to come. He is definitely more of a shy type, but
after a couple of days I have been able to work on him and get him talking to me
and everyone else.
So after I left you
guys I had patty and my host come take me to go get my mission bag, then my
host took me to my dorm - Which everyone had already been there and had claimed
all the good beds, good closets, and the good desks…no biggie, then they took
me to my class to meet my companion. The first day was so difficult they jumped
right into Spanish! Yikes! I’m awful at it, everyone in my class has had at
least three years of it in high school, so I’m definitely the furthest behind.
They took us to an assembly, welcomed us to the mtc. Then we had dinner and a couple of activates.
It was awful. That pretty much took up the whole night. Then I went back to my
dorm cried myself to sleep and woke up for the next day... not much better.
The showers were
awful, the toilets stunk, and I have a terrible fear of the bathroom. We went and got ready and then we left for
class. We stayed in class for 10 and a
half hours. It was just Spanish all day and I was awful!!! ahhhh I only have
three minutes! Well anyway...The mtc was terrible, until I met my president’s first counselor. His name is brother
Monson. Yep, his Uncle is president Monson, and his uncle raised him.
He pulled each of
the elders into a room to interview them, and when it was my turn, I was ready
to tell him that I was hating it and that I wanted to go home. The first
question he asked me about was how was I doing. I told him it was kinda rough
and then he said, don’t lie to me elder. He said you are going through hell
aren't you, and I just broke out into tears. I told him about my companion
troubles, my troubles with Spanish how I felt like nobody in hear loved me and
how I hadn’t felt the spirit once since i had been here...He kept me in that
room for probably an hour and said things that will forever change my life,
when he spoke it freaked me out, because he looks and talks exactly like the
prophet, and the spirit was just as intense as if I was talking to the prophet.
He changed my attitude and changed me for the better, and ever since I met with that man, I have loved each and every second of
the mtc. I know he has already changed my mission, because if it were up to
me I would have been home by now.
So Yeah! that’s
everything. Sky – I’m the district leader, like you guessed. Dad – I’m sorry
you were so sad you had to sleep down stairs. Mom - your letter made me so
happy! Star - I love you, Did someone tell Maddie about dear elder, cuz thank
you I got her letter, and it made my night. I love you family! Love each and
every one of you. I want you to know that I am happy, a mission is definitely
going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but I’m up for the challenge, and
when the Lord is on your side you can do anything!
Much love,
Landen!
P.S. My
address is
Elder Landen
Scott Holman
MtC Mailbox #318 ARG-BAS 0424
2005 N 900 E Provo,
Ut
Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment