Hola Familia,
So it’s been a
pretty good week! Except for the fact that my hair was butchered
in the mtc haircut salon shindig place!!! I look like peter parkers boss off of
spider man!! I will never complain about another bad haircut from you again
mom, I now understand what a bad haircut actually is! haha it was the ladies
first day and I could tell that she was more nervous then a missionary freshly
dropped off for two years at the curb! haha but I told her she did a good
job....now all I have to do is just get through all the Spiderman jokes the
missionaries keep telling me! Everyone takes Spiderman pictures of themselves
and asks me to buy them off of them... ahh I can just picture Mom and Dad reading
this right now and not having a clue what I’m talking about. Sky and Star, fill them in! haha
its awful but awesome.
Anyways, another
week has gone by! I love the mtc still but its super repetitive and I’m super
stressed out because of all I have to do! Being district leader on top of
learning a new language, on top of learning the gospel on top of no sleep =
well i guess being a missionary and my life! No really cool new
experiences I guess! Its just the same old stuff! I’m learning a ton about the
gospel as well as myself.... I have already learned a billion life
lessons!
Actually I just
thought of a really cool experience I had this week! What the mtc does is on occasion
they will get investigators to come in and the missionaries can teach them
about our religion. I taught this guy how pray for the first time! It was such
a cool experience, because for the first time in his life he was communicating
with God. I learned how powerful prayer is, and I learned that I shouldn’t
take it for granted! It’s really incredible when you think about it, that we
can actually communicate with our Father in Heaven, or the most powerful being
in the universe anytime we want to. Well anyways I taught him how to pray, and
both he and I felt the spirit so strongly it was awesome! Btw, I can totally
feel all of your prayers for me, so thank you so much for them!
Well yeah, that’s
pretty much the exciting stuff that happened this week! Other then that, I’m
just starting to get pumped to get out in the field. I just really want to put
to test the skills that I’ve gained so far. I know that I have lots of time to
gain more, but by far my favorite moments in this spirit prison is when I get
to teach people what I know and get to feel of the spirit! It’s such an amazing
feeling being a missionary. Sky said that he could feel that he had power with
him when he was a missionary and I totally feel that to. It’s crazy how easily
the spirit comes when you are teaching a lesson to an investigator... in Spanish
by the way... but the really cool thing is half the time its not my words
when I’m teaching... its the spirits. I learned this week that the second the
missionary starts becoming the teacher in a lesson, its over. The battle is
lost. Because the investigator is being converted to you, but when we have the
spirit with us and teach by its power and authority, the investigator can be converted
to God! Its incredible. The missionary is simply Gods mouthpiece. I’m pumped to
get out into the people of Buenos Aires so that I can teach them about God and
the impact that he has had on my life....btw! So pretty much Argentina’s visas
have shut down. All the missionaries that were heading down to Argentina this
week got reassigned to somewhere in the states. I thought that I already had my
visa, but it looks like I’m just in line with all the other missionaries...so
pray that I can get my visa soon!.... but deep down I’m also kinda hoping I can
go state side for a little bit! How awesome would it be to get to have both a
stateside experience and a foreign experience...Who knows...Fillmore Missouri
could be seeing a little bit of elder Holman soon! Well, anyway I gotta run! As
always I’m outta time! I love you all and pray for you daily! Sky thanks for
sending the pics of the concert! Btw tell Aug he was looking good in my
clothes! haha! Everyone, send me pics weather its in the mail or through email!
I would love to see all of your faces!
Chow
p.s i got all of
your dear elders! Thank you for sending them! They mean the world to me! Keep
them coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment