Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A day in the life at the MTC - March 2


Hola Familia!!!

Well its been another rockin week here at the MTC! Its crazy how long the days are here but how fast the weeks go! It’s my one-month mark today! Woot woo! Only another 23 months and I’ll be back at home listening to Williams loud voice, Jadens awesome jokes, Colesons weird jokes, Brocks amazing looking teeth etc. etc. It’s crazy how much you miss the little things out here! haha no seriously I miss all of you a ton! But they keep me so busy out here that the only time I have time to think about you is right when I’m falling asleep! haha and by that time I’m already so dead tired that I’m out the second my head hits the pillow! haha well, most nights! Other nights my bed is so horribly uncomfortable that I lay awake for hours!  By the way I’m just gonna apologize now! This space bar on this computer is crappier then the space between Brocks teeth before he had braces...but now its working just as well as Brocks braces did...it’s not putting any spaces in-between my words.. so bare with me...anyways! Back to my bed, Sky I totally know what you mean when you said it took you forever to get to sleep in the mtc... those beds suck.

Sky was wondering what and average day was like here at the mtc, so I will grace you with my knowledge of what I like to call spirit prison...Each day we wake up at 6:30, but if you want to be ready on time you have to wake up at 6 to get one of the hair infested showers...so I usually go to bed at like 11:30 and then I wake up at 6... unless I have early morning gym, which is on Mondays and Tuesdays...then I wake up at 5...Well anyways, I wake up hop in the yellow coated plaque infested showers, where I try not to touch anything...yeah sometimes I think it might just be better to not take a shower... I’m usually more clean before I go in there then not... then after the shower I get ready for the day, and I have to be to my class room by 7:00. After that I do personal study for about 30 minutes. I study the gospel, or Spanish, and then we hit up some mtc breakfast... Which I have to say... the food was amazing here the first couple of weeks... but now it just sucks....but then we usually head back to our classroom and our teacher is there by then... we then usually teach some of our investigators, or continue studying the gospel or Spanish. after we teach investigators, we usually have lang. study. We go over Spanish, learn new principles and then put them into use by talking to everyone in Spanish... haha I made up this game for my district that every time we speak English we call each other on it and then that person has to do pull-ups that night for every sentence they speak in English... this game worked out great until I realized that I speak the most English out of anyone in my district... lets just say I’m getting fat, but built, actually I lost 3pounds! Anyway, I digress... after lang. study I usually meet with a zrt, or a tutor that helps me with my teaching skills, with Spanish and all that fun lingo, by then its usually lunch, and I get to eat the chefs special... which is usually all the left over vegetables and fruits and onions, all wrapped up into one concoction... yes my stomach is going wiled... then we usually head back repeat that same schedule until dinner. At that point I work in a program called Tall (alto) its suppose to help you with your Spanish! I think it sucks so I usually end up trying to find ways of hacking into the computer system at the mtc...then we have gym if we didn't already have it in the morning... I love gym! That’s like the one brake in the day! Then we head back to the class, and you guessed it, study some more, but on Tuesdays we have a devotional night! Last Tuesday it was elder Oaks! It was so sick! That guy is a complete genius!!! Like sky is at Apple! But yeah then we usually head back to the classroom and plan out our schedule for tmrw, and then wake up and do it all over again.  I’ve been trying to write in my journal at night but I’m usually so dead tired that I don’t, I usually brush my teeth and then go back to bed! Yeah, the schedule sounds terribly horrible, but a bunch of 19-year-old guys from all over the US makes it fun and bearable!

The mtc is a really cool place though. The spirit is totally here, and I’m learning the most amazing life skills that I could ever ask for. The most important thing is I’ve been put in an environment where I have to learn how to rely on Christ, and God! It’s incredible. I have really seen their hand in my stay here at the mtc in particular with Spanish, I remember things so much easier here at the mtc, words just pop into my head, I know that its the power of the spirit helping me learn the language so that I can serve his children in B.A. Oh, and by the way dad - some dude told me that went to B.A. and said that I won’t be going to the part of it where all the cool architecture is. He said that I’m going to the spot where all the graffiti is and where all the drunken men and drug addicts are! haha he said that I will be in the total slums of Argentina... good thing I’m gangster. This redhead’s gonna fit right in, woot woo!

Well wish me luck! I gotta run cuz I'm outta time but i just want you all to know that I love you! Thank you so much for all your dear elders! They make a world of difference on the hard days! Keep them coming!  Well I gotta run! There’s a 400 pound sister behind me... and she looks hungry for some computer time!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment