Que
pasa me familia!!!
It
sounds like all of you are just doing dandy this week!!! Thanks for all of your
dear elders they all mean so much!!! I especially like it when dad and star submit the same letter 5
times so everyone in my district thinks I’m loved like crazy, but in reality I just got the same paragraph 5 times over!
So
anyways you all are missed, but don’t worry about me! I’m still having a
good time out here!
The
latest news is David Archuleta was dumped off at the curb yesterday. haha Everyone
has been making such a huge deal out of it, its pretty funny! He’s pretty into
himself to, so my companion decided to humble him...haha he went up to him and
was like...NO WAY!!! ITS YOU!....Your that kid on the biggest looser right??
hahah it was so funny, Elder Archuleta kinda just laughed it off...but there’s
one thing for sure...all the 400 pound sisters are always talking to him...so
maybe they'll finally leave me alone now! haha jk...lol...well...g2g...no I’m
just really jaykin ya!
So this
week was pretty sweet! I learned so much about the gospel and my Spanish is coming
along...well sort of! The one thing that’s starting to really frustrate me is
my Spanish! It comes some days and I can speak it just fine, and then some days my tongue just locks
up like crazy and I can’t get out what I wanna say when I’m teaching investigators...it bugs me like
crazy... this week I was teaching an investigator and about half way through the
lesson my tongue locked up and I couldn't say anything! I couldn't even think in Spanish or let alone
say anything at all...haha my companion just looked at me, and kinda took
over, but it was super frustrating and kinda embarrassing, I remember praying in the middle of the lesson
and kinda getting mad at God, I remember thinking that I’m here trying to teach people to come
unto you, why aren't you helping me? I got super mad that he was letting me forget things...well I learned a lesson pretty quick...and that’s to
not get mad at God, because he does everything for a reason. The second I got mad at him during the lesson, literally all of my Spanish
left me...the extent of my Spanish was hola.... that’s it. Luckily my companion
took over and finished up the lesson, but I remember praying afterwards and was humbled pretty quick. I haven’t
learned any Spanish here in the mtc, the Lord has just been putting the words
in my mouth after I attempt to learn the language. I know that when I’m in lessons words just pop into my head that I know that I didn't put there... so after being humble... and asking God for
forgiveness, I remember being able to
speak the best Spanish I have ever been able to speak here at the mtc! It was just
unfortunate that I was speaking amazing Spanish to everyone in my class and not to
an investigator. But I learned something very valuable that God was trying to
teach me. I'm not learning Spanish for myself, I’m learning it for my
investigators, and for Gods children... the second that I start thinking that I can do this on my own the lessons over, literally,
because I cant speak, or communicate with my investigators. God has helped me
learn and remember Spanish, for his purpose... to bring to pass the immortality
and eternal life of man. When we can rely on God in all things he will put
words in your mouth, he will tell you what to say, whether it’s in a lesson,
school, work, life, whateva! If we will rely on God and have faith in him he
will be there for us. He loves us more then we can even comprehend, and the
beautiful thing about being on a mission is I’m starting to see and feel
glimpses of that love that God has for me!
Well, that’s the word with this home dog! Thanks for keeping me posted on all of your
lives! It really does make a difference out here to know that my family &
friends are praying for me, and that you all believe in me! When I’m going through
hard times out here (which I have had) its great to know that you all believe in me! Well I gotta run cuz I’m outta time! My laundries
done, the suns a shining, and there’s work to be done....that’s my hint for all
of you little kids to go help dad out with the yard work...haha I love you
all...and I love that I’m not there to go move mulch outta the way of the
basketball hoop!!!
hahah
peace out Holman clan!
P.s.
Keep praying that ill get my visa! There is a whole district that has to be
here an extra three weeks cuz no visa yet from Argentina!
No comments:
Post a Comment