Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trio, Zone Leader, & more great teaching experiences - April 5


Que pasa me familia!!!

Hey all! Its been another week here at the mtc, haha and I really don’t have a whole lot to report except that its the same old same old and that I’m as busy as I’ve ever have been!!!

So this week one of the districts ahead of us left for Argentina on there mission, they were very lucky to head out cuz Argentina is the biggest nightmare in the world right now to get a visa to... They only have one person in the whole country sending out visas and he hates Americans, but he doesn’t have anything against the LDS church, so hopefully things will work out, but if they don’t work out for a tiny bit, I’m planning on being sent to Fillmore Missouri until my visa arrives! hahah! I know that it’s in Gods hands and that I’ll go where he wants me to go, so I’m not worried in the slightest, but regardless I’m still praying for my visa to arrive!!

Anyways! The district before me left this past week, all but one. And his name was elder Thorton. He didn't go because he was having visa problems, the mtc wasn't really sure if his visa was on the way or not, so instead of reassigning him, they just made him stay in the mtc until he found out, I know...can you think of any worse way to punish a person! That’s like sending a convict to prison and not telling him when he's gonna leave...well it might not be as extreme, haha, but still he was pretty down...until he found out that he was gonna be put in a trio, with me!! So this past week i got a new companion, so it was now Elder Davidson and me and Throton! Elder Thorton was probably one of the coolest thuggin kids I have ever met! He’s lived in Portland Oregon his whole life, and wasn’t really sure about serving a mission, but his dad served a mission and his dad was his hero so he decided to do it to! Well anyways, sky can attest to this, but being in a trio is the sickest thing in the world! We had so much fun!! haha and elder Throrton has the funniest stories I think I have ever heard in my life... what I’m trying to say is we had fun! Not only is he a super chill guy, but he taught me so much about Spanish cuz his district had been here a little bit longer than mine... well through it all he got pretty upset that his visa hadn’t come in and he didn't know when he was leaving. Well, yesterday I got a letter saying that his visa had arrived, I wasn't with him at the time, I  was with elder Davidson, but we ran back to the class room asking everyone where he was, nobody, new.  After searching for a tiny bit, I found him where I thought he would be...yep in the bathroom…well I wont go into any more detail! haha but I shouted through the stall that he had got his visa, and he started freaking out! It was awesome! Anyway, Elder Thorton is now gone, but it was so much fun having him for a companion this week!

In other news, I’m the new zone leader. I was called last week! I’ve been making sure that everyone is feeling welcomed here at the mtc and that all the new districts are adjusting just fine! Its been pretty fun so far!

Okay really quick before i go I’ll share a spiritual experience I had this week, so yesterday Elder Davidson and I were teaching an investigator in Spanish, and we had a really cool experience! When we got there we started asking her about what was new in her life, and she told us that she had just lost her job and she wasn't really sure what to do...it was pretty freaky cuz I didn't really know what to tell her and especially in Spanish... I asked her if it would be okay if we said a prayer for her right there and to bless her that she would be okay, she said that it would be fine, it really invited the spirit into our lesson, and elder Davidson and I weren't really sure what to say, so we went on with out lesson that we had prepared, it was on the plan of salvation, the whole time elder Davidson and I new this wasn't what she needed to hear right now cuz she was so worried about her job! Well, we went on with the lesson we got to the portion of the atonement, elder Davidson was just gonna say a couple of things about it and move on, but I received the strongest prompting to testify of the atonement. For the rest of the lesson the spirit taught, not me, he told us exactly what to testify, put words in our mouth, and helped us testify that Christ new exactly how she felt, and that she can rely on him through all of these trials as well as all of her trials in life! It was incredible, the spirit was so strong there that all three of us could feel of it. I for the first time really experienced what its like when the spirit takes over the lesson and begins to teach, because I shared scriptures with her that I had never read before, and they were exactly pertaining to her needs. The Holy Ghost led me there, and taught, and she wasn't only edified but I was to! It was incredible! The feeling was so undeniable in that room! We all new what we had felt and it was the most incredible experience I’ve had here in the mtc. I hold this experience close a dear to me. I wasn't even sure if I should share it, but I feel that it’s okay!

I testify to you that our Savior lives, he is the Christ, and he died for each and every one of us. He suffered pain our minds can’t comprehend, and he did it because he loved us. He did it so he would know exactly what we are going through when we are struggling and going through a tough time in life. He is there for the person that lost their job, for the person that was just divorced for the person that has given up all hope and feels there is nothing left for them! He lives! That’s my testimony. He lives for you, and for me! Use the atonement daily!


Well I gots to scram! Love you all! Talk to you next week! Keep the dear elders coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment