Hey all,
Thanks for the letters and the package for Christmas! I loved it all and I'm glad that you had a great Christmas as well! Looks like there is a lot of snow in Utah. I missi it so much but I miss you guys more. We had a really good week for Christmas I don't know if I told you guys very much about what we did. But on Wednesday all of the missionaries on the west half of the mission met up in Murcia and we went out to the town center there and we started a flash mob... Of Christmas Caroling! It was cool, I'll see if I can send you guys a video of it. Christmas morning was also a good time. The elders from Huercal Overa came to our piso and spent the night on Christmas Eve and we played a lot of games to bring in the day! Thanks for the package I've been needing American candy and dental care supplies and now I have them both haha!
Thanks for the videos this week as well I liked seeing all the sledding you got to do. I'm glad that I'm going to be coming home in winter! I know what we can do when I get back! So you know I was a
little sad after I talked to you guys and that was tough but it was alright because next year when we talk I'll just say "well... See you on Thursday" Haha so a cool thing about Spain is that they like to
party here and so Christmas goes from December 24 until January 6 or "three kings day" so we still can say Merry Christmas to people in the streets here and it's not weird.
So I started a new goal that in this next year I'm going to read the entire standard works of the church so far it is all going well. I've been learning quite a bit from the New Testament. One thing that stood
out to me this morning is just how many Miracles Christ did and his attitude about it. He heals a man with leprosy and tells him to tell no man about what had happened. In that act he really shows that it is his mission not to glorify himself but his father which is in heaven. It gives a good example for us of the promises he made earlier about how Heavenly Father sees what we do in our secret acts and rewards us openly. So that's fun to think about.
Well love you guys lots. Have fun with New Year's Eve. I'm going to be stuffing my face with grapes at midnight. I'll say hi to the new year before it hits you guys and tell it to treat you well. I'm excited for all the blessings that we have waiting for us and the lessons to be learned. And to be able to spend it here in Spain. Love you all lots thanks for the fotos and videos. We'll talk next week.
Con mucho amor
-Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment