Hello Family!
Thanks so much for all of the letters! I love getting them! And Merry Christmas! We only have 11 more days til it's here!. As far as I know there won't be snow here in Lorca but I hope you guys get a little back home! Taking any fun trips this year? If not you can go visit the old peoples home again. I'm sure they'd love a little music show! This week for me went by super fast! They say in the mission that as you're approaching and getting past your year mark time seems to speed up a
little. One of my friends who left on Wednesday told me that I only have about 378 days left and that made me a little scared.
So last week we didn't do very much. There were transfers but everyone in my piso is staying together for 8 weeks more! It should be pretty good fun. On Monday we had a branch activity about the Book of Mormon it was really really cool. If you guys have time tonight you should go on YouTube and watch something call scripture legacy! Because it's awesome! They talk about the sacrifices that were made by people so that we can have the bible in our days and the Book of Mormon. Tuesday was just a normal day. It was a holiday here in Spain and so there were a lot more people home than there usually are and so it was a blessing. We were able to find some new friends to teach.
Right now we are teaching some really great families. They are both from Ecuador and I love them. They are reading in the Book of Mormon and they are praying together to know if it is true. I'm hoping that they will receive their answer soon! We also had a really fun miracle this past week. On Wednesday we received a call from a man who found a card with our phone number on it in his home and decided to call us. His name is Angel and he is also from Ecuador he a really great guy who wants to learn how to get closer to God and so I guess he came to the right place. We invited him to be baptized and he said he would do it if he felt it was the right thing to do!
Friday this week we had a zone meeting and after we went to dominos for all you can eat pizza! I was happy.., I ate 2 pizzas jaja. Well anyway something that I really liked from my scripture study this past week is a quote by Joseph Smith about personal revelation.
"Salvation cannot come without revelation; it is in vain for anyone to minister without it”
I thought it was pretty cool. As missionaries we're always looking for revelation in what we should do and it's something that helps us in our regular lives as well. When we pray with faith God scan reveal his will to us and we can receive answers to our prayers.
Well love you guys a ton. I can't wait to to see you on Christmas. Have fun watching the new Star Wars movie this week. Please enjoy it for me too! Good luck in all of your finals, school projects and
preparing for the holidays. Until next week.
Con much Love,
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment