Happy thanksgiving. I'm glad to see that it was a good one. Thanks for all the fotos Dad! Sounds like you guys had an awesome week. I'm jealous of the older boys who got to play battlefront but I suppose there will be time for that later. Glad to hear that BYU took down Utah state this year as well! Hope that thanksgiving pie was good too! That was the one thing that was missing this year. Pie really is just an American thing.
So my week was pretty fantastic! I had a very Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for all of the Open when letters. It's fun to have things to open up on the mission! On my P- day we didn't really do a ton this
past week. Because we're so far away from everyone it's not worth the travel time. I'm just really glad that I'm in a 4 man piso though I don't know what I would do if I was here by myself in this town! Tuesday I got to spend half the day in Murcia. I went up to a Leadership training with the AP's and it was super fun we got to walk around Murcia a bit and it is a pretty awesome place. It makes downtown Salt lake look Tiny! I think by far the best day this week was Thursday.
I got special permission to move our district meeting to Thursday morning so that our district could all be together for Thanksgiving. After the meeting was over we all pitched in a bit of money and we cooked a thanksgiving feast together. Instead of turkey though we used Chicken. It was all good though. One of the elders in my district worked in a lot of Restaurants before the mission and knows how to cook really well and so we had yams, stuffing, gravy. It was all super
good. I ate myself fat. I really missed you guys to though. I think I was probably the most homesick I had been on that day. We wrote down things that we were grateful for during our district meeting and i thought about all of you and the things that you've taught me and continue to teach me and how awesome my family is. I'm a lucky kid to be where I am. I'm glad that my district celebrated though because Thursday night was a long night with nothing. Everyone was rejecting us but I realized that I was still happy because I was grateful. It's always fun to look on the bright side. It reminded me of a story of two buckets at a well. One said "no matter how many times I come up from the well I always go back down Empty." The other one then said, "Hm. That's funny, no matter how many times I go down empty I always come up full."
The gospel is a lot the same. No matter how many time we may go down feeling empty The Love of Christ can always fill us and raise us up. Even to the point when we feel like Ammon in Alma 26 when he says:
35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.
His words are mine.
Well that's about what I got for this week same old same old. Our investigators our all doing well and I think we may have a baptism here soon! (YAY) I love you all a ton and I miss you all very much. I hope that you guys have an awesome week listening to Christmas music, putting up decorations, etc. Love you all tons!
Con Mucho Amor
-Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment