Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 51January 11, 2016

Hola Familia,

¡Happy Rebajas! Or Happy after Christmas sales! People go crazy about shopping this time of here in Spain. Some jobs here pay people less for the entire year here and then pay them double in January so they have have extra money for the sales. It's crazy just like this past week for me. This past week we met with one of our friends named Angel. He's leaving for Ecuador in a week and when he gets back in 2 months he's getting baptized! I really hope that I am still here to see him again.

So a few days ago we got a call from the office that we would be changing apartments at the end of this month and so on Thursday and Friday this past week we had to clean our piso for an inspection from the landlords and go to some appointments to look at new ones. It's a pain because we were taken away from the time we were able to work. On the bright side though we were able to find a nice new place to live. I'm excited that they're waiting until the end of this transfer to move us In there because I think I'm goi g to have a new companion too. I'm just getting a new everything. I even bought new classy Spanish shoes. (My other ones broke). Haha.

Our friend, Lady, is also doing very well. She got baptized on the 2nd and We met with her yesterday and set goals for her to go to the temple. Maybe if we're lucky we can send her to the new one in Provo! Our next friend to get baptized should be a small family their names are Zoila, Luis, Julie and Jonathan. They are super great people. They are from Ecuador but have lived in Spain for about 15 years now. They also always make us good food. Keep them in your prayers too if you can.

In my scripture study this past week I was reading in the book of Mark 5. And there is a story in there that I just love of the woman who has an issue of blood who believes that if if she can just touch Jesus's robe she will be healed. After she touches him though she begins to feel better immediately but then Jesus begins to ask "who touched me?" And it says that she was afraid but told him it was her. And he says that her faith made her whole and to go in peace. In the next verse he then gives a command to the multitude to "Be not afraid, only believe." If we are too afraid to believe we don't see such miracles in our lives but if we overcome our fears and shoe our beliefs through action. God will always heal us and make us better from all of our afflictions. I know that Jesus wrought many miracles when he was on the earth according to the faith of those who he served and that he lives and continues to work these same miracles in our lives.

Well I love you all very much. We'll talk to you mor next week thanks so much for the pictures and videos and good luck with school and work this week. You are all in my prayers.

Con mucho amor

Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment