Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Birthday Landen August 1, 2016

Hey Family,

So good to hear from you all. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I really appreciate it! I had a really good week. It started last Monday we had a really good preparation day and were able to relax a little and hang out with missionaries in our zone! We went and looked at the summer sales that were here. Everything gets dirt cheap here in Spain during the sales in clothing stores like 85% off cheap. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why people buy things during the year. My comp got a 150€ suit for 35€. Haha. So that was a cool day and then we've been working lately with a less active member named David. We've started helping him with English and he really likes us. He's been coming to activities in the church now and he comes out to work with us. The other day he told us that he wants to serve a mission and so I'm excited about that. We also have another Less active kid name Javi who likes coming out with us as well to visit people. He came to church last Sunday as well!


As far as Malaga goes we're still trying to get a hold on our area still. We started thinking this past week that we might just start going out to the small towns that surround Malaga and see how the work goes for us there. Last week we also had Interviews with President Andersen. That guy is so cool and he's helped us out a lot. He has a ton of cool stories and a really powerful testimony of the gospel. It was awesome because he forgot to set his alarm for interviews and we talked for about an hour together. Last Saturday I got was asked to sing at the baptism of the bishops daughter. It was cool. A really good baptism and a lot of non-members came to see it and had lot of questions. One guy used to be a professor of theology and a priest and he told us that he was really interested and impressed by our church and told us that he had never seen a baptism in that way before. I had a good birthday. An investigator came to church I got a call from my last companion wishing me a happy birthday. We made pancakes for lunch and then we went out and visited some people and met a really cool young kid and taught him the gospel.


Well guys I know the gospel is true! It's as true for those that accept it as it is for those that reject it. It is the perfect plan. This last week I read about consecration. There is obedience, there is sacrifice and there is consecration. The only gift that we have that we can really give God is our agency. Our choice. Everything else is merely what he gives to us. What we love determines what we seek and what we seek determines how we act and how we act determines who we are and who we will become. Whatever you want in life it's just a lot better if you choose to follow God and he'll give you something a lot better.

I love you family thanks for all you've done for me. Thanks for the birthday wishes and  Happy Birthday Landen!! Hope that you have the best day ever! And hope that everyone has the best week ever! Love you all tons!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment