Hey Family!
Sorry last week the whole email thing didn't work out. We had kind of a weird day. So now I get to explain the adventures of two weeks to you guys! First to start out. We went on a huge adventure to some of the largest caves in the world. Just search the Caves of Nerja, Spain. The caves are about 300,000 square meters. We just went through a small part of it that was anciently used as a burial ground. I'll send pictures later. But that was super cool there were also cave paintings in there and the best part is it was a cool 21 degrees Celsius. It had better air conditioning than our apartment ;). So that other was nice. Other than that. My comp and I have given each other hair cuts... I got butchered... Haha JK. We did alright. Last week we had an interesting encounter. We contacted the Bishop of the Catholic Church in Malaga (about the equivalent of contacting a Seventy.) He tried to rail on us but we truly felt like Alma and Amulek in that moment. If you read Alma 11-12 you'll see a little bit of what happened. Sadly we couldn't set a return appointment;) haha. We also had an awesome Zone meeting in La Mancha and also in Malaga. Those went super well. We went to a Chinese Buffet after in La Mancha and I got to try all sorts of new food. Frog legs! You got it! It has the texture of chicken but it tastes like fish. So go figure. We worked up there for a little while and we contacted some guy who told us that he was Satan. That was kind of scary. So we went on our way. We went to an investigators house that night only to find that he had locked himself out of the house and to add insult to injury he was in his underwear... Yup.. Why? No clue. So all those years of watching white collar paid off because I was able to pick his lock with our train tickets! (Long story.) haha.
So also I saw the most 3rd world thing the other day some lady pulled out newspapers in the street and then pulled down her sons pants and made him go to the bathroom on it. "Potty Training." Some parents buy
leashes to make their children feel like dogs but this mom just took it to a new level. So yeah being a missionary is the best. You feel the spirit and see a lot of crazy things. I'm enjoying it. I hope you all have a happy Labor Day.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way to live. Today we talked about Lehi's dream in 1 Nefi 8. Verse 30 is what explains why only one of the five groups of people was able to make it to the tree and stay there and be happy and we talked about its because they fell down! Which requires that we be humble! Well I'll finish with this. I love you guys, the church is true. We all need to make Jesus Christ the Center part of our lives. Really he is the only hope we have.
Hope you all have a great week. love you guys!
Con mucho Amor
Elder Holman
No comments:
Post a Comment