Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekly Update Sept. 12, 2016

Hey Family!!

Thanks for the emails I love them, even if you can just send me a paragraph it means a lot. I like to know what's going on in your lives!! Haha I am dead tired out here. We had a pretty normal week not too much to report on. Except for a huge Milagro!! Our investigator Raquel came to a family home evening that we were doing and asked us when she could get baptized!! So our friend told her on Sunday and we said Yeah! And so this last week we met with her to run over everything and yesterday we had the baptismal service. It was so awesome and she bore her testimony at the end and it was so spiritual! So that was a tender mercy of the Lord!i So yeah that was a great part of my week. Also this past week I was walking around bare foot in my apartment and I stepped on a thumb tack. No you would think that it have pierced the skin and gone into my foot but actually. We walk so much In the mission that the the rock hard padding on my foot Broke the needle! #you.probably.did.not.want.to.hear.my.disgusting.foot.story. Also this last week we had the opportunity to go to a district leader training and I got to see my trainee Elder Berry. So that was pretty sweet! We also were able to get an investigator to come and make a paella for after. President told me that it was the paella we had in Spain. So we're eating pretty well here.


I'm really tired today. Elder Zwick of the seventy came to visit our mission Council today (hence why I'm writing late.) We woke up early this morning and had to pick up missionaries late last night to come and stay with us. The conference was really good. We talked a lot about establishing the church and also about how the lord is hastening his work. And he truly is. I get to see it out here first hand. I know that it's his work. After the conference he paid me a great complement. He told me that I reminded him of an Assistant that he had in his mission in Santiago, Chile. That missionary was named Elder Mike Eyring and is President Eyrings third son. He told me that I look and act just like him. It made me feel really good. 

Well this past week I was reading one day in the scriptures and the theme of my reading, and it was unplanned, was Be Stong, be steadfast. Paul says
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of
this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be
able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The battle we're in is actually a lot scarier that the wars of the world. But if we put on the armour of God we'll be a lot better. I invite to go to biblevideos.org and search for "the armour of God" or Ephesians 6 and that will be a lot more entertaining for you to learn.

Love you all have an awesome week.

Con mucho amor
Elder Holman

Enviado desde mi iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment