Monday, October 3, 2016

IT'S ... ALIIIVE September 22, 2016

Hey Family,

Si I'm writing you today because I changed my Preparation day for this week so that we could go on an adventure with a member named Juan. And what an adventure it was!! But before we get to that I just wanted to wish a special happy birthday/ birth weeks to the family. I know that theirs a lot of them. Hope that you've all had some really special days. I'll try and be home for them next year ;). 

So I guess I'll just tell you about my last week first and then about the adventures of the day. Last week was also exciting we had a 70 come to visit our mission. Now maybe that just sounds normal to you Utah Folk that get to see general authorities all the time in conferences and Sacrament meetings but this is the first seventy to come to our mission for about a year. It was Elder Zwick. He talked in the April 2014 conference so "[he's] kinda a big deal. He has leather bound scriptures." So we had a mission wide conference with him! There was also this pretty great duet that some missionaries sang in Spanish. They did a really great job. (Haha I was one of them.) President asked us to prepare it a couple day before and so we had an Hermana with a Masters degree in Piano Performance write us out a new version and we sang it. I was so nervous I almost soiled myself. But I didn't mess up. I'll send you guys the video if I'm able to, sometimes sending stuff over email doesn't work at all for me. Apparently we did a good job because my bishop heard about it and asked us to sing on Sunday in the sacrament meeting. 

Also we were in charge of the fruit and so we decided to take some artistic liberties as to the fruit formation. I'll send fotos of that too. Other than that everything else was cool and normal. Raquel was confirmed in sacrament meeting on Sunday as well. She is the happiest that I have ever see her. Also if you want to hear about some Spanish racism I have a tale for you! We were out talking to people in the street and I contacted this really nice looking guy in the street and started talking to him and then all of a sudden this old Spanish man came up to me and yell "Be careful! He's a Muslim! And gave me a talk about being extremely careful who I talk to and not to talk to the Muslims because they're going to take over Spain! Haha people here are crazy. I love them though. There are some really good ones out here. 

So today we went to a place called "el Caminito del Rey" or the King's Path basically it's a hike over platforms that are suspended about 300 feet over a river in a valley. Look it up on google to see some pictures. I'll send you some too. The trip to this Caminito started out by walking through a really long cave that just had a light at the end of the tunnel. Now I know that you're all expecting me to tell a story about how we had to hold on until we got to the light. But you know what. It wasn't that rough to walk through the cave that we were in because we were so grateful and excited for what we were going to see and do on the other side. We weren't focused on the bad smells the lack of light or the fact that I broke my sunglasses when I hit my head in the roof (Spanish people are short.) sometimes in life we just have to find joy in the journey while we're traveling the journey of life. Keeping our eye on the good things to come and knowing that we'll be out of our caves and on to even greater adventures soon. Or more scripturally speaking "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." But hey sometimes walking through caves is an adventure too, just ask Skyler and Chance!


Hey but I love you guys so much and thank you all for the emails you've sent me this past week I've really appreciated all of them. I love you guys tons and hope you have an awesome week.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Holman

Enviado desde mi iPad





No comments:

Post a Comment