Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Conference

Hey Family! 

Wasn't conference just the best?! That was one of the best I've seen in my mission. It seems that every year they just get better and better! We had a crazy week that was super rough. Maybe one of the toughest weeks of my mission but its had a happy ending.

Last preparation day we didn't get to do a ton. We went to do the man talk. I think I told you about that last week. So this past week we had a few let downs but yesterday there was a Baptism right after General Conference. Her Name is LUCELIA and she's from Brazil. So I think a missionary in our mission has been crying (we have a joke that for every tear shed in our mission a Brazilian gets baptized!)... (maybe that missionary was me.) 

It was a fantastic Baptism. The ward members have been such a great help with her and they gave great talks and Lucelia started to cry and bore a fantastic testimony at the end about how much she needed the church and her savior! 

So in Spain we watch priesthood session in the morning on Sunday because it broadcasts so late and it was funny because it started broadcasting in Russian first but we were able to fix it before Elder Holland spoke. As he started to address us I felt my phone vibrating and took it out of my pocket only to find to my great surprise that President Andersen was calling me. And so I thought "wow, president is calling, this must be important. So I went into talk to him and he said to call him back later. So we went back and the priesthood broadcast blacked out for a few minutes and we couldn't watch so I went and called him back and he asked me how I like Malaga and if I'd be willing to stay until the end of my mission to be his assistant... after I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming I told him that I would. 

So I'll be finishing my mission in Malaga! That will be cool. It's really pretty here and the ward is supposed to be super good as well! My bishop is really sad that I'm leaving!  It I'll still be able to see him because we go to church in the same building!

So all during General Conference I saw an overarching theme of repentance being talked about and I thought of so many scriptures that I could share with you and quotes and such great things but I'd rather just like to invite you to listen to the conference as much as you can this week and to be able to apply it. And also remember this  scripture from D&C 50

40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.

41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me;.

I thought it was so cool that Christ would say that to Joseph Smith and his associates. We must remember that in god's eyes we are all just children and to take hold of his greater wisdom.

I love you guys and I hope you have the best week! Don't miss me too much. Also 🎼🎶I won't be home for Christmas, please don't count on me.... I won't be home for Christmas, not even in my dreams.🎶

I love you.

Con mucho Amor
Elder Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment